Why Should a Christian use Gospel Tracts?
We’ve all read Jesus’ command, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." The problem is how to do it effectively. We are all busy these days and it seems like we have never have enough time to witness or we don't know how to start the conversation.
With all these people that go by us every day, whether it is at work, school, or at the grocery store, how can we obey Jesus and reach out to them? Gospel tracts can help!
According to Billy Graham, “Nothing surpasses a tract for sowing the seed of the Good News.”
How can Gospel Tracts help?
There are many ways that tracts can help us be effective in sowing the seed of the Good News.
Have you ever noticed that when you try to witness to someone (to obey the Lord’s command) something or someone would interrupt you. I have. If I was in an office, the phone would ring. If I was in a home, the dog would bark. If I was at the grocery store the kids would cry...it was always something!
I found that I could give these tracts to anyone and, if something interrupted our conversation, that tract would go into their pocket to be read later. They were "interruption proof"!
This was just one advantage but, here are some more:
- Tracts can provide an opening for us to share our faith. We can watch people’s reaction as we give them tracts, and see if they are open to listening to spiritual things.
- They can do the witnessing for us. If we are too shy to speak to people about the things of God, we can at least give them tracts, or leave tracts lying around so that others will pick them up.
- They speak to the individuals when they are ready. They don’t read it until they want to. No one "forces" them to read it.
- They can find their way into people’s homes when we can’t.
- They don’t get into arguments; they just state their case.